REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS – For the 2021 Alaska Health Summit
The deadline for submitting proposals has been extended to
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2020!
In keeping with precautions for preventing spread of COVID-19, the 38th annual Alaska Health Summit will be held virtually via Zoom on January 26-28, 2021, on those Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings. The theme of this year’s conference is “Public Health During Changing Times”. The daily format will be keynote presentations followed by round-table sessions. Examples of round-table sessions could be a single presenter, two shorter presentations linked by topic, or a panel discussion.
ALPHA is seeking round-table proposals for the Summit. This is your opportunity to share your expertise and display your creativity by developing an original program for presentation. We are eager to highlight your exceptional work!
Click here to submit your proposal. Deadline for proposal submission is October 23, 2020.
Proposals will be evaluated by ALPHA’s directors and volunteers with appropriate expertise using the following criteria:
• Extent to which the proposal is relevant to ALPHA members
• Timeliness and importance of topic
• Definition and focus of the topic
• Practical application of the material
• Overall presentation quality
• Experience and expertise of presenter/speaker(s)
• Alignment with conference theme
Requirements for Speakers:
All speakers must commit to the presentation of a program at designated times during the conference, January 26-28, 2021, and will be notified of the date(s) and time(s) of their presentations. We will work with you to try to fit your preferred day, if any. Speakers must grant permission online distribution of written materials. Permission to distribute copyrighted information is the responsibility of the presenter.
For questions, contact Bridget McCleskey, Conference Coordinator, at email@example.com.
ALPHA’s annual conference offers continuing education credits, networking opportunities, and innovative and high-quality presentations from both national and Alaska-based experts. If you have a suggestion about whom we might include as a keynote speaker, please let us know. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to seeing you at the Summit!!
We are excited to announce the 2021 Health Summit will take place online.
January 26-28, 2021 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
The Alaska Health Summit is more than a conference – it is an important annual milestone for our community.
Many of the details are still being worked out, but here’s what we envision so far:
• Nationally-known keynote speakers and Alaska public health leaders will deliver inspiring talks online.
• Breakout sessions will feature Alaskan researchers and program leaders. These may be platform-type presentations, roundtables, or workshops. You will receive a request for presentation proposals very soon.
• In Anchorage, and perhaps other locales, local ALPHA members will host in-person events, consistent with state and local guidelines for gathering at that time. These may include poster sessions, talks, or socializers. Please contact us if you would like to serve as a host in your area.
• The annual membership meeting, including voting on resolutions, will take place online, allowing wider participation than in the past.
• We will offer continuing education credit for conference participation.
• Registration fee will be greatly reduced compared to past Summits!
Do you have suggestions for speakers, an online meeting experience to pass along, or would you like to assist the planning committee? Please email ALPHA President-elect Tim Hinterberger at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any other member of the ALPHA board.
The Summit continues to offer a place to connect, reflect, network, and learn. Please plan to join us as we bring together a talented pool of public health professionals, sponsors, and exhibitors. With this nation facing unprecedented times, coupled with discord and turmoil, what better time than now to come together for a meaningful shared experience.
Thank you for another successful Health Summit
We Appreciate Our Sponsors from Alaska Health Summit 2020
Denali + Foraker Level
Alaska’s Council on Domestic Violence Assault
Fairweather + Marathon Level
Thank You for Exhibiting at the 2020 Summit:
AK Heart Vascular Institute
Alaska Cancer Partnership
Alaska Native Epidemiology Center
Alaska Pacific University
Alaska State Hospital & Nursing Home Association (ASHNHA)
American Fluoridation Society
American Society for Circumpolar Health
Center for Safe Alaskans
Collective Change Consulting
Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (CDVSA)
Division of Population Health Sciences
Food and Drug Administration
Health System Collaboration/Diabetes Prevention, Heart Disease & Stroke Prevention
Institute for Healthcare Advancement
Mat-Su Health Foundation
Provo Canyon School
RWJF Clinical Scholars
State of Alaska, Physical Activity and Nutrition Unit
UAA Institute of Circumpolar Health Studies
UAF Fairbanks Cooperative Extension Service
US Army and Army Reserve