Call for Board Nominations
PRESIDENT-ELECT and BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Do you want to help advance ALPHA’s mission to engage all Alaskans in public health? Service on the Board of Directors or as President-Elect is an excellent opportunity to become a public health leader in the state.
We especially seek to promote diversity on the Board (geographically, by discipline, by public health interests, and by ethnicity) in order to best represent the membership. All nominees must be ALPHA members – new members welcome!
Curious about running for the ALPHA Board of Directors but want more information before you decide?
Come learn from current ALPHA Board members about the Board, their experiences, and ask your questions regarding the nomination/application process. This is a 1-hour open discussion on Zoom during the lunchtime hour—come for the whole time, or just drop in when you can. Thanks for your interest, register today!
When: Oct 15, 2021 12:00 PM Alaska
Register for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
To nominate yourself or someone else, see “To submit a nomination” below
Submissions should be received by Thursday October 21, 2021
Read More for information about the open positions and submitting nominations
The Call for Nominations includes the following positions:
- The President-Elect serves three years. In 2022, they will assist with the planning of the Alaska Health Summit, followed by serving as President in 2023. In 2024, as Past President, they will serve as the Chair of the Alaska Health Summit Planning Committee.
- Directors serve three years. There are four (4) Board seats (for three years) and one (1) Board seat (for one year) open. The Director commitment includes attendance at regular board meetings (via teleconference, an average of 8-10 per year), attendance at the annual planning retreat in the Spring (via teleconference), and a willingness to serve on at least one committee
For more information about Board position duties, see the ALPHA Bylaws (Articles VII & VIII) on the ALPHA website.
To Submit a Nomination:
Email email@example.com the following information:
- Nominee’s Name, Phone Number, Organization/Agency, Title, Email address
- Provide two (2) references who are familiar with nominee’s work in public health. Include Name, Organization/Agency, email
- Brief narrative of nominee’s public health experience and interest in serving on the ALPHA Board. (Not to exceed 200 words)
**If you are nominating someone else, please give us your contact information:
- Name, Phone number and Email address
Of course you should contact the Nominee for consent and their input prior to moving their name forward
Please email the information by Thursday, October 21, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org OR FAX to 907-450-2470. For questions call 907-450-2459.