The Alaska Public Health Association (ALPHA) is pleased to offer meeting space for pre- and post-Summit sessions as part of the 2018 Alaska Health Summit. Space is available to Alaska coalitions and public health organizations for meetings and workshops at no cost. Space is assigned on a first come, first served basis.
Space is available:
- Monday, January 15, Noon through 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 16, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm (Please note this is during the ALPHA reception and annual meeting)
- Wednesday, January 17, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Thursday, January 18, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Friday, January 19, 8:00 am through 5:00 pm
Unlike the main Summit sessions, the pre- and post-Summit and evening sessions are primarily the responsibility of the session hosts. ALPHA will provide limited marketing through the Summit coordination contractors, Information Insights. The host is responsible for coordinating and paying for all AV, food and beverage services and room set-up with the Hotel Captain Cook, as well as any continuing education units and meeting materials, unless specifically contracted for with Information Insights.
ALPHA, through Information Insights, will provide the following services for all pre, post, and evening sessions:
- Assigning an appropriate space depending on availability.
- Connecting session host with the hotel catering staff to coordinate AV and food needs. (See below)
- Listing pre and post sessions on the ALPHA website.
- Sending out at least 2 emails to ALPHA members announcing pre and post sessions.
- Listing pre, post, and evening sessions in the program.
The session host is responsible for the following, unless directly contracting with Information Insights:
- Coordinating AV (including screen, podium, equipment) and food and beverages directly with the hotel, including paying the Hotel for any services used.
- Conducting additional marketing of the event to the target audience.
- Maintaining registration and any associated fee collection.
- Developing and providing meeting materials.