ALPHA is pleased to offer meeting space for pre and post Summit sessions as part of the 2019 Alaska Health Summit. Space is available to Alaska coalitions and public health organizations for meetings and workshops at no cost. Space is assigned on a first come, first served basis.
To sign up for a pre and/or post summit session, fill out the online form: Pre and Post Summit Sessions.
Space is available:
- Monday, January 21, Noon – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 22, 5:30 – 9:00 pm (Note this is during the ALPHA reception and annual meeting)
- Wednesday, January 23, 5:30 – 9:00 pm
- Thursday, January 24, 5:30 – 9:00 pm
- Friday, January 25, 12:30 am – 5:00 pm (Booked)
Unlike the main Summit sessions, the pre and post Summit sessions are primarily the responsibility of the session hosts. ALPHA will provide limited marketing through the Summit coordination contractor, Information Insights. The host is responsible for coordinating and paying for all AV, food and beverage services, and room set-up with the Hotel Captain Cook, as well as any continuing education units and meeting materials.
ALPHA, through Information Insights, will provide the following services for all pre and post sessions:
- Assigning an appropriate space depending on availability
- Connecting session host with the hotel catering staff to coordinate AV and food needs (See below)
- Listing pre and post sessions on the ALPHA web site
- Sending out at least 2 emails to ALPHA members announcing pre and post sessions
- Listing pre and post sessions in the program
The session host is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating AV (including screen, podium, equipment) and food and beverages directly with the hotel, including paying the hotel for any services used
- Conducting additional marketing of the event to the target audience
- Maintaining registration and any associated fee collection
- Developing and providing meeting materials