ALPHA offers an opportunity to post jobs available at your organization. If you would like to post a job on this page please send your listing in electronic form to ">. Listings should be brief, and include the following:
- Organization name, job title and brief description of the position
- Minimum qualifications
- Deadline for applications
- Where to send a resume (include Web link if available)
- A contact for ALPHA about this ad (name, email, phone number or email address) in case we have questions.
Listings will be removed after 3 months unless requested to extend posting.
State of Alaska
Alaska Division of Public Health – Where we protect and promote the health of Alaskans
It takes a team to get our collective work done to promote and improve the health of Alaskans!
- We are the chief strategists for existing and emerging public health issues in Alaska.
- Our services protect life, health, and safety of Alaskans.
- We serve as a trusted source of health information.
- Through our systems work, we strengthen the essential public health infrastructure, services, and partnerships.
Learn more about our programs at Division of Public Health.
We are currently recruiting for positions exempt from the State of Alaska hiring freeze. Note that some are federally funded. Please click on the links to the job descriptions to learn more about the closing dates, minimum qualifications, and how to apply. Questions? Feel free to contact Jerrine Regester at 465-5669 or .
We are expecting other positions to be posted in the near future. To stay up-to-date on any DPH job series you may be interested in, go to http://workplace.alaska.gov and sign up for email alerts.
Opioid and Marijuana Injury Prevention Specialist (Public Health Specialist II) in Division of Public Health, Section of Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
Closes 11/16/16 and is open to DHSS employees.
This position is responsible for developing and coordinating evidence-based strategies to promote safe marijuana use and prevent unsafe opioid use, and to collect, analyze, and disseminate data on opioid and marijuana use, morbidity, and mortality. The incumbent will be the division and program expert and key consultant for partners statewide in prevention and control of marijuana, opioids, and other substances of abuse. Areas of focus for Alaska Injury Prevention Programs include:
- Preventing unsafe marijuana use;
- Preventing misuse of opioids;
- Preventing falls;
- Bike and pedestrian safety;
- Drowning prevention;
- Poison control.
View the entire posting at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1582392/public-health-specialist-ii-pcn-06-1732
Advanced Nurse Practitioners:
- Specializing in reproductive health direct services, this position is based in Fairbanks, Section of Public Health Nursing, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1566686/health-practitioner-i-advanced-nurse-practitioner-pcn-06-1411
- Specializing in reproductive health consulting with some direct services, this position is based in Anchorage, Section of Public Health Nursing, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1563743/health-practitioner-i-pcn-06-1646
- Specializing in epidemiology, this position is based in Anchorage, Section of Epidemiology, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1564165/nurse-consultant-ii-pcn-06-1779
Public Health Nurses (PHN): These positions are in the Section of Public Health Nursing. Specific locations and job duties of each of these PHN IIIs vary by the focus areas noted.
Focus: Preparedness emergency response:
- Based in Fairbanks, this position is the nurse leader for the Interior Region public health preparedness emergency response program. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1442443/public-health-nurse-iii-pcn-06-1918
Focus: Travel to surrounding communities from the base location to provide safety net and population health services:
- Based in Dillingham, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1458975/public-health-nurse-iii-pcn-06-1136
- Based in Bethel, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1442131/public-health-nurse-iii-pcn-06-1372m
- Based in Nome, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1425643/public-health-nurse-iii-pcn-06-1917
- Based in Anchorage, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1574154/public-health-nurse-iii-pcn-06-1138
Focus: Health center team leadership:
- Based in Ketchikan, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/1448266/public-health nurse-iii-pcn-06-1577
Mat-Su Health Foundation
Mat-Su Health Foundation (MSHF) in Wasilla, AK seeks a full-time Program Officer to advance MSHF goals related to its Healthy Foundations For Families focus area. The person selected for this job will work collaboratively with organizations, individuals, funders, and state agencies towards supporting healthy, resilient families in the Mat-Su. Annual salary range is $60 to $90K DOE with full benefits package. Job description and requirements are posted at healthymatsu.org. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to . Open until filled. (Posted 11/07/2016)
Anchorage Department of Health and Human Services
Assistant Clinical Services Supervisor
If you are an experienced nurse who is ready to move to the next level as a Nurse Supervisor, or an experienced Nurse Supervisor who wants to use your talents to improve the health and well-being of the people of Anchorage, we want to talk to you. The Anchorage Department of Health & Human Services has an immediate opening for an Assistant Clinical Services Supervisor overseeing services related to family planning, sexually transmitted infections, and immunizations
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in nursing, a current Alaska Registered Nurse license, and four years of experience in nursing or public health or a Master’s degree in Nursing and two years of experience. Additional details, including information on how to apply, are available here on the Municipality’s web site: http://www.muni.org/Departments/employee_relations/Pages/jol.aspx . This job is posted for continuous review and will remain open until filled.
Contact: Janet Johnston, Clinical Services Supervisor. Email: . Phone: 907-343-4649. (Posted 10/19/2016)