ALPHA offers an opportunity to post jobs available at your organization. If you would like to post a job on this page please send your listing in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Listings should be brief, and include the following:
- Organization name, job title and brief description of the position
- Minimum qualifications
- Deadline for applications
- Where to send a resume (include Web link if available)
- A contact for ALPHA about this ad (name, email, phone number or email address) in case we have questions.
Listings will be removed after 3 months unless requested to extend posting.
State of Alaska
Alaska Division of Public Health – Where we protect and promote the health of Alaskans
It takes a team to get our collective work done to promote and improve the health of Alaskans!
- We are the chief strategists for existing and emerging public health issues in Alaska.
- Our services protect life, health, and safety of Alaskans.
- We serve as a trusted source of health information.
- Through our systems work, we strengthen the essential public health infrastructure, services, and partnerships.
Learn more about our programs at Division of Public Health.
The Alaska Division of Public Health is currently recruiting to fill statewide positions from Ketchikan to Nome, and points-in-between. These positons include administration and accounting staff, as well as data analysts and managers, investigators, scientists, epidemiologists, chemists, public health nurses, nurse consultants, and ANPs.
Please go to our job board at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Alaska to learn more about current opportunities, closing dates, minimum qualifications, and application instructions.
Featured Opportunities (please click on each hyperlink to learn more):
For more information, please contact Jerrine Regester, DPH Workforce Specialist, at 907-465-5669 or email@example.com.
ANCHORAGE NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH CENTER
POPULATION HEALTH SPECIALIST
The Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center is seeking a full time Population Health Specialist. This position provides support in developing cutting-edge health behavior change, as well as acute and chronic condition-management strategies for diverse populations, through nutrition education. Under the direction of the Population Health Program Director, the Population Health Specialist implements, promotes, administers and monitors nutrition education and general wellness programs to support optimized levels of health and well-being for ANHC patients and staff, as well as local community members. This position partners with a team of Population Health Program Specialists, and provides nutrition-focused expertise and support in program development, to cultivate a comprehensive approach to population health management, while maintaining alignment with the Mission and Values of the Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center (ANHC).
Additional position information and qualifications are available at https://www.anhc.org/career-opportunities/ To apply submit cover letter, resume and application online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. (Posted 02/20/2017)
Municipality of Anchorage
Job Openings at Department of Health & Human Services
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Dietitian (Public Health Dietitian) – application closes Thursday 05/04/2017
Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
Training Project Specialist, full-time
If you are looking for a new experience, want to be more involved in ending sexual and domestic violence in Alaska, and want to be part of a great, dynamic team – here’s your opportunity! The ANDVSA is looking for a full-time (37.5) training project specialist based in our Anchorage office. Pay scale depends on experience, with a pay range from $20.00 – $34.00 per hour. The position is a non-exempt position. Benefits included.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BA or 5 years relevant experience in providing direct services
- At least 3 years experience in substance abuse treatment
- Active substance abuse treatment license or equivalent
- Strong understanding of the intersections of trauma and substance abuse
- Demonstrated proficiency with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience developing and providing training
- Strong research and writing skills
- An understanding of the ANDVSA vision, values, and mission
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel (some small planes)
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Sense of humor
To view the full job description and details on how to apply, visit our website at www.andvsa.org/employment.
ANDVSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all persons are eligible to be employed without regard to their sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, ancestry, serious medical condition, gender identity, or national origin. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse groups to apply including, but not limited to, Alaska Native, African American, Latino/a, Asian/Pacific Islander, and LGBTQ+ communities. (Posted 04/05/2017)