ALPHA offers an opportunity to post jobs available at your organization. If you would like to post a job on this page please send your listing in electronic form to . Listings should be brief, and include the following:
- Organization name, job title and brief description of the position
- Minimum qualifications
- Deadline for applications
- Where to send a resume (include Web link if available)
- A contact for ALPHA about this ad (name, email, phone number or email address) in case we have questions.
Listings will be removed after 3 months unless requested to extend posting.
State of Alaska
Alaska Division of Public Health – Where we protect and promote the health of Alaskans
It takes a team to get our collective work done to promote and improve the health of Alaskans!
- We are the chief strategists for existing and emerging public health issues in Alaska.
- Our services protect life, health, and safety of Alaskans.
- We serve as a trusted source of health information.
- Through our systems work, we strengthen the essential public health infrastructure, services, and partnerships.
Learn more about our programs at Division of Public Health.
The Alaska Division of Public Health is currently recruiting to fill statewide positions from Ketchikan to Nome, and points-in-between. These positons include administration and accounting staff, as well as data analysts and managers, investigators, scientists, epidemiologists, chemists, public health nurses, nurse consultants, and ANPs.
Please go to our job board at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Alaska to learn more about current opportunities, closing dates, minimum qualifications, and application instructions.
For more information, please contact Jerrine Regester, DPH Workforce Specialist, at 907-465-5669 or .
Municipality of Anchorage Department of Health & Human Services
The Municipality of Anchorage Department of Health and Human Services is currently hiring for the following positions:
Temporary WIC Family Service Counselor – Closing 3/13/2018
WIC Dietitian – Closing 3/13/2018
Senior Public Health Nurse – Closing 3/15/2018
View full job postings and apply online at: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/moa/default.cfm
Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
ANDVSA is looking for a highly qualified individual to oversee the implementation of an exciting new grant opportunity. The Prevention Specialist position is specific to the Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliance (DELTA) Impact grant administered through the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to ANDVSA for five years starting in the spring of 2018. This position provides a unique opportunity to work collaboratively across Alaska to build on previous primary prevention efforts, while expanding into new arenas to prevent violence in the state.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Coordinate DELTA Impact grant activities
Provide technical support to the statewide leadership team, Pathways for Prevention
Participate in the nationwide cohort of DELTA Impact grantees
Generate and disseminate learning that emerges from the project
Participate in the Prevention Team and Overall ANDVSA team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience of 7+ years in a technical field required (Master’s degree preferred)
- Experience and high level of skill in conducting research and evaluation
- Complex grant or project management, including budget management, experience required
- Demonstrated experience using the public health model for violence prevention
- Strong writing abilities
- Willingness to adhere to the Network’s philosophy, policies and procedures
To Apply: Please visit the ANDVSA website at www.andvsa.org/employment to view the full job description and instructions to apply. This position closes March 16th, 2018.
ANDVSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (posted 02/22/2018)
Alaska Native Epidemiology Center
The EpiCenter is looking for qualified candidates for several positions based in Anchorage. Join our dynamic team and make a difference in the health of Alaska Native people!
Current openings include (job #):
- Program Evaluator (20170058)
- Biostatistician (20170037)
Applications are currently being accepted online. If you have questions regarding the open positions or how to submit an application, please contact ANTHC Human Resources at 907-729-1301 or (Posted 10/11/2017)
Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center
Career Opportunities – position information and qualifications are available at https://www.anhc.org/career-opportunities/
We are seeking an Epidemiology Research Assistant for a 1 year + contract position in Anchorage, Alaska. The individual will work with the Western States Division (WSD) of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). The position will focus on epidemiologic / statistical research activities focused on reducing fatal and nonfatal work-related injuries in high-risk industries.
The professional will provide epidemiologic research support services for the collection of work-related injury data, writing code to perform analyses of the collected data, and assistance with analyzing, interpreting, writing, and disseminating the results.
For duties performed and skills required, click on here