There are three types of membership: Individual, Honorary, and Organization.
Public health professionals and interested community members seeking full membership in the Alaska Public Health Association pay annual dues and provide their current contact information to the Association. Members in good standing are eligible to vote and receive all member benefits, including a discount on Alaska Health Summit registration fee. Subcategories of Individual Membership includes Student, Retired, and Life.
- Student Member: An individual member, with full benefits. Full and part-time students enrolled in the MPH program or another degree program in the field of public health are eligible for discounted membership. Student members in good standing are eligible to vote and receive all member benefits, including the student discount on the Alaska Health Summit registration fee. Verification of student status is required.
- Retired Member: An individual member, with full benefits. Retired individuals are eligible for a discounted membership fee. Retired members in good standing are eligible to vote and receive all member benefits, including the retired discount on the Alaska Health Summit registration fee.
- Life Member: An individual member, with full benefits, whom remain eligible for full member benefits, including voting privileges (No lifetime members admitted after May 1992).
As determined by the Board of Directors, an honorary member receives a complementary full membership for one year, but no voting privileges.
Organizations who seek membership in the Alaska Public Health Association pay their annual dues based on the total organizational budget. The organization also identifies a primary contact person to serve as liaison to the Association, who will then disseminate information and resources from ALPHA to their employees or members. The primary contact person receives the sole vote for the organizational membership. Organizational memberships include one health summit registration discount of 10%. Sliding fee scale dues are based on total annual budget: Less than $250,000 ($125 dues), $250,000 to $500,000 ($175 dues), $500,001 to $999,999 ($225 dues), and budgets over $1 Million ($275 dues).
Terms of Membership
Membership is one year from date of joining. Only current members, in good standing with the Association and who have paid their annual dues, are eligible to vote.
Annual Membership Rates
- $55 Individual Member
- $20 Student and Retired Members
- $125-275 Organizational Members, sliding scale fee based on Annual Budget
- $0 for Lifetime (Closed May 1992) and Honorary Members