Assistant/Associate Professor, Health Science
The Institute for Circumpolar Health Studies at the University of Alaska Anchorage is seeking a full time, tripartite tenure tract faculty at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to build a research program focused on one or more health issues of particular interest in Alaska. The level of appointment is open and will be based on candidate experience and interests. The Institute of Circumpolar Health Studies (ICHS) (http://www.ichs.uaa.alaska.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities required for this position:
- Expertise in one or more health areas that are of particular interest in Alaska and/or the circumpolar north.
- Ability to develop strong research questions, design research studies, conduct primary data collection, analyze data, and present study results.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative research team.
- Project management skills including budgeting and timelines.
- Ability to obtain grant funding.
- Knowledge of Alaskan and/or circumpolar north health issues, and/or clear willingness to learn.
- Ability to engage in collaborative teaching and service.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience in writing successful research grants, building collaborative relationships with community members, conducting and managing health research projects, and publishing and presenting original research findings. Teaching experience preferred.
Contact: Janet Johnston, PhD; Director, Division of Health Sciences and Applied Health Research, College of Health, UAA