Monday, January 26:
- 8 am-4 pm: The Reality of Working in Alaska: Occupational Safety and Health
No registration required. Contact Krystal Mason at for more information.
Colleagues from NIOSH, the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services and private industry will discuss health and safety issues among workers in different industries in Alaska in lively, reality television-themed sessions. This day long event will focus on the hazards affecting Alaskan workers in different industries and the surveillance, intervention and evaluation tools used for each occupation. Several presenters will be discussing different topics, and this dynamic and energetic session will be covering a variety of fields and interests including themes related to total worker health, research to practice, and Ebola preparedness.
- 3 pm- 7:30 pm: UAA MPH Community Forum and Alumni Meet and Greet
Community Forum: 3-5pm
Alumni Meet and Greet: 5:15-7:30pm
For more info, contact Rhonda Johnson at or 907-786-6545.
Tuesday, January 27:
- 4:45-5:30 – Building Collaborations for National Public Health Week 2015 (no registration necessary, contact Nancy Nix:
Friday, January 30
- 8:30 am-12:30 pm: Community Health Improvement Collaborative Strategic Planning (Contact Jayne Andreen at ).
- 8:30 am-5 pm: Sustainable Wastewater Treatment for Rural Alaska (Session full, visit: http://www.cvent.com/d/rrq76h)